… to the web site of the LONDON IRISH RIFLES ASSOCIATION.
We held an excellent Annual Lunch on 18th May at Connaught House when we had the opportunity to formally welcome our new Association President, Brigadier Digby O’Lone. There was a good turnout from members as we reviewed the events of the past year and looked forward to another busy year of commemorative and social events.
We now look forward to the publication of the Emerald in June, this year marking the 70th anniversary of its first edition in 1949.
Peter Lough, Major (ret’d),
Chairman of the London Irish Rifles Association.
Objectives of the Association:
- To foster friendship and fellowship among all past and present members and associate members.
- To afford financial assistance to past and present members of The Regiment and their dependents.
- To administer and accept responsibility for The Band.
- To administer and accept responsibility for the Regimental Museum.
- To encourage all members to attend organised functions of the Association and of The Regiment, when invited.
2019 Parade Dates:
Sunday 9th June – Combined Irish Regiments Parade.
Sunday 22nd September – Loos Sunday.
Sunday 10th November – Remembrance Sunday.
The Footballers of Loos.
Find details of how to apply for Membership of the Association and receive the Emerald by following this link.
THE LONDON IRISH RIFLES TODAY.
The London Irish Rifles now form D Company (London Irish Rifles), The London Regiment.
THE PIPES AND DRUMS.
OUR SOCIAL LINKS.
We have excellent connections with three very fine hostelries:
The Sportsman at Seasalter in Kent, where our 1st Battalion took German prisoners after the Battle of Graveney Marsh in September 1940.
The Rifleman in Whitton which has been re-signed in honour of local resident Rifleman Frank Edwards and his comrades, ‘The Footballers of Loos’.
LONDON IRISH RIFLES SHOP.
We have a variety of items for sale at the museum and at Mulqueens.
RESOURCES AND USEFUL LINKS.
Connaught House is located in Camberwell, South London, and is easily accessible by car, bus, train and tube.