THE LONDON IRISH RIFLES REGIMENTAL ASSOCIATION…
…is based at ‘CONNAUGHT HOUSE’, Camberwell, London, and has over 300 members, including many who live overseas.
WERE YOU a member of the 1st or 2nd Battalions, the war time raised Young Soldiers’ 70th Battalion, or have served with D Company over the past 50 years?
…if so, we would like to hear from you and have you join us as a member of our elite club.
Membership is also available to family members of current and former members of the London Irish Rifles or anyone who supports the Aims and Objectives of the Association and has its interests at heart.
We have a thriving Regimental Association and our members take part in regular events as well as occasional battlefield tours. Our Welfare Team provides support to former and current London Irish Riflemen, liaising with external organisations, including SSAFA, on matters that require further investigation. Each year, subscribing members receive the journal of the London Irish Rifles, the ‘Emerald’, which has been published annually since 1949.
We also have a Northern Ireland Branch, which meets every three months in Newtownabbey, under the stewardship of Lieutenant Colonel Anthony Maher. Read more about the activities of the Northern Ireland branch here.
BY JOINING the Regimental Association, you will…
- be able to take part in regular events, including parades on Loos Sunday, Remembrance Sunday and St Patrick’s Day.
- have the opportunity to join battlefield tours and pilgrimage commemorations arranged by the Regimental Association.
- receive a copy of the annual ‘Emerald’ magazine.
- have ease of access to the Regimental Museum, which is situated at Connaught House…
and most importantly
- be able to reconnect with many old friends and comrades who are also members of the Association.
You may also wish to consider setting aside a small amount of future legacies to support the Regimental Association or its Benevolent Fund which provides assistance to current and former members of the London Irish Rifles..
We LOOK FORWARD to welcoming you as a new or returning member.