2014 Calendar of Events.
Sunday 16th March - St Patrick's Sunday.
Saturday 17th to 24th May - 70th Anniversary Visit to Southern Italy.
Regimental Association visit to Anzio/Monte Cassino - details have been sent out with the 2013 'Emerald'.
Saturday 31st May - Annual General Meeting/Reunion Lunch.
Sunday 15th June - Combined Irish Regiments' parade.
Find out more about the Combined Irish Regiments' Association by clicking here.
Sunday 28th September - Loos Sunday.
Thursday 6th November - Field of Remembrance.
Sunday 9th November - Remembrance Sunday.
Friday 25th to Sunday 27th September, Northern France.
100th anniversary commemorative visit to Loos.
- The London Irish Rifles celebrate St Patrick's Day (on the nearest Sunday to March 17th) when shamrock is distributed to men of 'D'' Company, the Regimental Association and the Army Cadet Force.
- In either May or June, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Regimental Association is held and this is followed by an Annual Reunion Lunch. All members are welcome to attend the AGM and join the luncheon.
- In the middle of June, on the day after 'Trooping of the Colour', members of 'D' Company, the Regimental Association and their Pipes and Drums march at the Combined Irish Regiments' parade and service of remembrance in Whitehall.
- On Loos Sunday in September (the nearest Sunday to September 25th), we remember the outstanding courage that the Regiment displayed during the Great War, and in particular when the London Irish showed their character and determination at the Battle of Loos. Whilst advancing under fire across open ground in gas masks, London Irishmen kicked a football between them all the way to the enemy trenches.
- There is always a parade at Connaught House on Remembrance Sunday. In addition, The Field of Poppies outside Westminster Abbey includes a section remembering men of the London Irish Rifles. A service of Remembrance is also held at the Abbey, and this is followed later in the day by a service at Westminster Cathedral.
- Each year, in November (the day before Remembrance Sunday), you can see the Reginental Association Band and 'D' Company march through the City of London with the London Regiment as part of the Lord Mayor's Show. The Army Cadet Force are also in attendance.
Other events are arranged at shorter notice, and you will find updated details here on this web site.