Calendar of Events.
Saturday 2nd May - London Regiment Representative XI v Corinthian Casuals FC.
King Georges Field,
Queen Mary Close,
Hook Rise South,
Tolworth, Surrey, KT6 7NA.
Full details to follow shortly .
Saturday 6th June - Irish Regiments' Reunion Day.
Clonaver Barracks, Belfast.
Saturday 13th June - AGM/Annual Reunion Lunch, Connaught House.
1200 - AGM.
1315 - Reunion Lunch.
Sunday 14th June - Combined Irish Regiments' Parade, Whitehall.
1000 - Form Up.
1030 - On Parade.
Caubeen and Medals may be worn.
Saturday 11th July, 2015 - The Royal British Legion, Republic of Ireland Annual Ceremony of Remembrance and Wreath Laying, Dublin.
The Irish National War Memorial Gardens, Islandbridge, Dublin.
A representative party from the Regimental Association will attend the event.
Friday 25th to Sunday 27th September - 100th Anniversary Commemorative Visit to Loos.
Note: There will be no parade this year at Connaught House.
Thursday 5th November - Field of Remembrance, Westminster Abbey.
From 0930 - Ticket only event.
Non ticket holders can enter from midday onwards. The area will be open until Monday 16th November.
1400 - Combined Irish Regiments' Commemorative Service and Wreath Laying at St Patrick's Chapel, Westminster Cathedral.
Sunday 8th November - Remembrance Sunday, Connaught House.
0930 - Form Up.
1000 - On Parade.
Caubeens and Medals may be worn.
Refreshments will be available after the Parade.
(Arrangements for D Company will be confirmed separately).
Saturday 14th November - Lord Mayor's Show, 800th Anniversary Parade.
From 1000 - In the City of London.
D Company and Pipe Band will take part in the Parade.
Saturday 5th December - Regimental Foundation Day.
Commemorating the 156th anniversary of the founding of the London Irish Rifles.
Sunday 6th December - Stormberg Day Parade, Belfast.
1400 - At the Royal Irish Rifles Monument at Belfast City Hall.
Full details to be confirmed later.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETINGS, 2015:
Meetings will be held at Connaught House at 1630 on:
Friday 8th May.
Friday 4th September.
- The London Irish Rifles celebrate St Patrick's Day (on the nearest Sunday to March 17th) when Shamrock is distributed to the Regimental Association, members of D Company and the Army Cadet Force.
- In either May or June, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Regimental Association is held and this is followed by an Annual Reunion Lunch. All members are welcome to attend the AGM and join the luncheon.
- In the middle of June, on the day after 'Trooping of the Colour', the Regimental Association and the Pipes and Drums march at the Combined Irish Regiments' Parade and Service of Remembrance in Whitehall.
- On Loos Sunday in September (the nearest Sunday to September 25th), we remember the outstanding courage that the Regiment displayed during the Great War, and in particular when the London Irish showed their character and determination at the Battle of Loos. Whilst advancing under fire across open ground in gas masks, London Irishmen kicked a football between them all the way to the enemy trenches.
- There is always a Parade at Connaught House on Remembrance Sunday. In addition, The Field of Remembrance outside Westminster Abbey includes a section remembering men of the London Irish Rifles.
- Each year, in November (usually, the day before Remembrance Sunday, but not in 2015), you can see the Regimental Association Band march through the City of London as part of the Lord Mayor's Show.
- In December, our Northern Ireland branch lead a Remembrance Service at Belfast City Hall to mark the anniversary of the Battle of Stormberg, which took place at the start of the Boer War in 1899.
Other events can be arranged at shorter notice, and you will find updated details here on this web site.