2014 Calendar of Events.
Saturday 3rd May - Army v Navy, Rugby Union.
Kick off at Twickenham, 3pm.
Purchase your own tickets - £20.
Saturday 17th to 24th May - 70th Anniversary visit to the Second World War Battlefields in Italy.
Regimental Association commemorative events at Anzio and Monte Cassino - details can be found here.
Saturday 31st May - Annual Reunion Lunch / AGM.
Assemble at 1130, AGM from 1200.
Lunch at 1300.
Sunday 15th June - Combined Irish Regiments' parade.
1000 Form up in King Charles Street.
1200 Post parade reception at the Civil Service Club, Great Scotland Yard.
Saturday 12th July - Royal British Legion (Republic of Ireland) wreath laying ceremony.
The Annual Wreath Laying Ceremony is hosted by the Royal British Legion in the Republic of Ireland.
Sunday 28th September - Loos Sunday, Connaught House.
1030 On Parade.
A service will be held after the parade.
Caubeen and medals may be worn.
Food and refreshments will be served after the parade.
Thursday 6th November - Field of Remembrance, Westminster Abbey.
1030 Opening Day - ticket only.
1400 Combined Irish Regiments' Service - Westminster Cathedral, St Patrick's Chapel.
The Field of Remembrance will remain open until Monday 17th November.
Sunday 9th November - Remembrance Sunday, Connaught House.
1000 On parade.
Caubeen and Medals may be worn.
In Belfast - Service of Remembrance at the National Cenotaph.
Saturday 6th December - Regimental Foundation Day.
Time 1300 to 1500.
Sunday 7th December - Stormberg Day Parade.
Belfast City Hall.
1400 (tbc) at the Royal Irish Rifles' Monument.
Provisional 2015 Calendar.
Sunday 15th March - St Patrick's Day Parade.
Friday 25th to Sunday 27th September, Northern France.
100th anniversary commemorative visit to Loos.
Sunday 8th November - Remembrance Sunday.
- The London Irish Rifles celebrate St Patrick's Day (on the nearest Sunday to March 17th) when shamrock is distributed to men of' D Company, the Regimental Association and the Army Cadet Force detachments.
- In either May or June, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Regimental Association is held and this is followed by an Annual Reunion Lunch. All members are welcome to attend the AGM and join the luncheon.
- In the middle of June, on the day after 'Trooping of the Colour', members of D Company, the Regimental Association and the Pipes and Drums march at the Combined Irish Regiments' parade and service of remembrance in Whitehall.
- On Loos Sunday in September (the nearest Sunday to September 25th), we remember the outstanding courage that the Regiment displayed during the Great War, and in particular when the London Irish showed their character and determination at the Battle of Loos. Whilst advancing under fire across open ground in gas masks, London Irishmen kicked a football between them all the way to the enemy trenches.
- There is always a parade at Connaught House on Remembrance Sunday. In addition, The Field of Poppies outside Westminster Abbey includes a section remembering men of the London Irish Rifles.
- Each year, in November (the day before Remembrance Sunday), you can see the Reginental Association Band and 'D' Company march through the City of London with the London Regiment as part of the Lord Mayor's Show. The Army Cadet Force are also in attendance.
- In December, our Northern Ireland branch take part in a Remembrance event at Belfast City Hall to mark the anniversary of the Battle of Stormberg, which took place at the start of the Boer War in 1899.
Other events are arranged at shorter notice, and you will find updated details here on this web site.
GENERAL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
Four meetings are held every year.
For 2014, the provisional dates are